Friday, March 29, 2013

Breast Feeding

Well today I had a wonderful opportunity to talk to two of my girl friends who are both pregnant. Both are wonderful and amazing women. I was talking to one about the fact that breast feeding is such a great idea, so much more healthy for the baby and just has so many benefits that the family will reap from. And all of this while I was watching my sister do her hair and listening to my nephew cooing in the background.

I nursed both of my children. My son I nursed until he was 1 1/2 years old and my daughter until she was 2 1/2 years old. My son was 2 weeks early, but my daughter was 9 weeks early. I always had plenty of milk with them both. I found some tricks to use to keep the milk in place and flowing for the baby as long as the little one needs it.

Nursing is a wonderful thing, and there are so many reasons for it to happen. The benefits are many, and the opinions vary. My daughter has never had any immunizations at all, yet she is actually healthier than I am most of the time.

I have heard people tell me that its impossible to nurse and work. Well I can tell you that is not the case. I have a woman at work who is nursing and still working. She came back to work and she just pumps at work and stores the milk each night for the baby for the next day while she's at work. So please dont tell me that you cant work and nurse a baby, that's a cop out.

I was telling my girl friend that with my youngest I did something a little bit different. I was drinking one beer a day. It was helping my milk be rich and full for him. It kept me nursing for a long time. And I can tell you from experience that 1 beer a day isn't going to hurt you at all. I always drank it just before bed and then I would sleep and nurse her again in the morning.

She was easy to deal with and easy to take care of. But that's another blog post. I hope this helps out and have a GREAT DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment